Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Construction Problems.....

Thank goodness for my blog!!! I never noticed my mistake in the layout of my Haunted Mansion quilt, even when I was sewing it together this past Sunday. I didn't really see it until looking at the picture on the blog today! Fortunately, I have not completely sewn the top together...but, of course, the three rows surrounding the blocks turned the wrong way are nice and secure! So here I sit, before work, bleary-eyed, trying to gently rip out the seams so I can turn my blocks around. Ten years of quilting, and this is my first really BIG mistake (I guess that's a good thing). So, construction continues with the project going into overtime......

2 comments:

  1. I don't see the mistake but I feel for you having to tear it out. I had a bargello wallhanging that I posted once and like you, didn't see the see sewed wrong until I looked at my blog. Ten years and this is the first time.....you are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two hourglass units on either side of the middle Haunted Mansion square are turned the wrong way. I need to turn them the other way to complete the stars around the 4 outer Haunted Mansions. Of course it would be right in the middle of the quilt top! Now...hopefully I'll have the top finished this weekend so that I can get my kits cut out soon. I think I've just been really lucky for the past ten years!

    ReplyDelete